Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Arrived in Belgium

Well, I've arrived in Belgium; our GPS has decided it does not wish to work, so we got a little lost and had a scenic tour from Paris to Ingelmunster, but we are here now! After a week in Philadelphia with limited internet access I am a little behind on my blog and my emails. So imagine my surprise when tonight I log in to find a best wishes YouTube video from the ADAA crew. Thanks guys... you are all too awesome for words!



Today we briefly met with one of the dogs and her owners. And we have another session scheduled tomorrow afternoon with both dogs to work out which dog with which handler. Thursday is the official practice session with the dogs at the grounds with Australia having a half hour slot in each ring. Thursday night is the welcome dinner and then the opening ceremony at 9am Friday. Then we start running these puppies for real!
Aside from all the logistics, it was nice to get a chance to work with a dog again today. I feel like I'm coming back into my element. I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to tommorrow arvo and am thinking about the best plan for that time.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wohoo!! Your fans here in the US are cheering for you!! Best of luck.