Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day One of Competition


Today was Day 1 of Competition
We started with the Opening Ceremony with all teams in full uniform. Dogs were optional... I felt Gizzy would benefit from staying in his crate. The atmosphere wasn't as stimulating as I had feared, but I am still happy with the decision.
It was a teary moment moment heading out onto the field and thinking that it is all about to start... hearing and seeing the supporters and I was glad to be wearing my sunglasses.



The first course was Power and Speed and was judged by Cathy. Some really nice runs in that; though also many eliminations within the power section as dogs blew weave entries or missed contacts. Both Mal and I were E'd off early in the power section. Gizzy and I missed our weaves... I have a new word to learn... sounds a bit like "Poledjar".


Second run was Agility. Nice course from the Russian judge. Gizzy and I had a really great run with which I was pleased. We coped well with the discriminations. We incurred 10 faults; so one weave entry problem and one refusal at a serpentine. We were placed 17th in the class. Unfortunately no video footage of this run. But below is the course.


The final run of the day was jumping. I had some good moments in this run but Eliminated Gizzy at a pull through to the cloth tunnel as I was just way too slow to tell him about the turn. But I was thrilled with our connection over the early part of the course.

No comments: