Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gizzy it is!



So we had a productive practice session Wednesday arvo and settled on the dogs we will each run for the WAC. I'm honoured to be running Gizzy. Mal will be running Malinka.
Gizzy adores his handler Ronny and was quite focussed on him at our session yesterday and play was a little hard for me to engage; but put an agility obstacle in front of him and he was more than willing to work it! So I'm very excited about today and the next few days of the WAC. Today I get to work him at the arena in the rings. My focus will be on keeping myself moving and talking to him a lot throughout the obstacles to keep a connection with Gizzy. And keeping it upbeat and lots of fun. Ronny plays rough with Gizzy so he is definitely more a Zoom type dog to engage with than a Jonty dog. He loves balls... but the challenge for me with the ball is getting him to return to me with it. So I'll be focusing today on using a tug toy even though it is not his absolute favourite toy. He loves movement too... so quick and short 1-2-3 games will also help build the connection. And the sessions will be short as I'm exhausted after a couple of minutes of full-on play with him... definitely no faking it with this puppy!!!


Overall it is so very exciting. I also got my uniform last night... and couldn't help myself; had to try it on! The green and gold... it made me feel very Australian! Actually it was a bit of a "war dance" moment... hence the silly grin! Forgive the mirror shot, best I could come up with at the time, to record that 'OMG' moment.


More this evening after the practice sessions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey the uniform looks great,

good luck and have LOTS of Fun... your new adopted dog looks great...

Allison and the BC's from Aus