Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day Two of Competition

Wow! What a day! Four runs today with Gizzy and with the exception of our snooker run I was really pleased with each. It was fun! I came off the three courses feeling like we are really starting to click and that my timing is improving. I wish we were running tomorrow too!
In the snooker, he tried really hard for me but just got very confused about running past obstacles. I could really feel his frustration with the game. In Belgium they do not play games often. But the gamblers was a good run; it was hard to know how to plan the opening section as I still didn't have a feel for his rate of travel, so was one obstacle short of where I had planned to be when the whistle blew, which I was quite happy with, but that meant that my run down the gamble line was closer than I'd intended to be, leaving myself no room to push back in on him after obstacle 2 toward the tunnel. I was still ecstatic with our opening though; it wasn't huge on points but it was fairly flowing which was my aim for us both to start out the day. Both the agility and jumping runs were a lot of fun and I'd love to do more.

These are the videos of the runs with the course plans. (Sorry no video editing software with me, so they are still in raw format!)
Run 1: Gamblers





Run 2: Agility






Run 3: Snooker






Run 4: Jumping





After each run, Ronny, Gizzy's owner was there to help celebrate and to reward Gizzy for his efforts; it was always good to share that 'after-run' feeling, and made it feel like a team effort. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive and helpful owner from which to borrow a dog. Ronny has been incredibly generous in offering his dog to the Australians and then has gone out of his way to help us in any way possible. I can not thank him enough!

No comments: