Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ring Practice

Gizzy and I had an interesting day. I was really happy with some of the work we managed to put together during the practice sessions, especially what we accomplished in ring 1. He needs me to support his line a little more than I am used to having to do, but at the same time he is more than willing to work really hard for me. This dog really loves his agility! Though at the same time, he is still not wanting to play with me... he likes to do things on his terms; I don't think the four days with which I have to play with him will convince him that my terms are better ;-)
Here is a short video of some of our practice session.


Tonight was the welcoming dinner as well. We had our Aussie koala and Aussie flags flying high! The ceremony was great and we got to meet a number of officials and handlers from around the world. Already people are approaching us arranging gear swaps... hats for hats, shirts for shirts! There is a bit of an art to negotiating the best swaps I'm finding! At the moment I'm on a promise for a US team shirt, a Belgium hat and a Netherlands hat. I'm wondering what I'll get for the blow up Aussie finger that is being waved wildly from the grandstand...

No comments: